Medical Resources Home Health is a successful, growing certified agency providing quality home rehabilitation services in several offices statewide. We have a opening in our Newton, Ma office. The Coder is responsible for correctly reading and coding admissions for all referrals. Will utilize ICD 10 codes for all Medicare referrals. This position will work closely with intake, clinicians and other staff in facilitating appropriate coding. The Coder may work with intake and other staff to assure quality, cost effective outcomes for the patient, agency and its payer sources.
- Completes diagnostic coding ( ICD-10) on all Medicare admissions
- Assists with intake with codes for authorizations, etc.
- Identifies organizational structure and chain of command to follow in any given situation.
- Receptive to and demonstrates support of changes within the organization.
- Regularly attends staff meetings and offers constructive feedback and education
- Works in collaboration with the clinicians to facilitate appropriate coding sequencing
- Acts as a resource person and assists with coding for other payers
- Assists, as requested, with educating other staff about coding
- Efficiently plans and follows work schedule of daily tasks.
- Completes duties within scheduled time
- Expresses oneself in professional and courteous manner while maintaining emotional self-control
- Timely reports pertinent information to supervisors and peers
- Other duties as assigned by supervisor
- (2) two years of home health care experience and/or one to (2) two years working in a managed care organization
- Experience with ICD 10 coding
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organizational, and phone skills
- Ability to deal effectively with stress
- Must have the ability to analyze medical documentation and pay attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast paced team oriented environment.
- Health, Dental, Vision
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401 (K) With Company Match
- Generous Paid Time Off
- 6 Paid Holidays
- Supportive Management
For the right individual, this is a wonderfully rewarding role. We thank all applicants who apply, but only candidates who meet our criteria will be contacted.
Medical Resources Home Health is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER, we voluntarily encourage DIVERSITY IN THE WORKPLACE. www.mrhhc.com