The Clinical Assistant is responsible for working closely with the Clinical Supervisors and Intake to ensure efficient and effective coordination of nursing schedules and meetings. Responsible for assisting with the collection of documentation and assisting with all aspects of the clinical department.
- Assists the clinical supervisor and staff with creating, monitoring and communicating the daily schedules of the clinical staff
- Notifies staff/supervisor of improperly performed payroll or failure to submit paperwork within given timeframe
- Sets up clinical records for new admissions, starting with initial referral
- Files clinical documentation in medical records
- Creates and maintains discharged medical records including preparation for off-site storage and off-site chart recall
- Initiates and maintains notifications for clinical authorizations for patients admitted to services
- Respond to field staff requests for forms
- Maintains and orders medical record forms
- Notifies field staff in advance of recertification dates
- Mails orders to physician offices
- Maintains tracking system and follow-up of unsigned orders. Post orders upon receipt
- Enters F2F encounter information into Allscripts
- Tracks F2F encounter documentation needs and follows-up with physicians and staff as needed to ensure compliance
- Copies and prints clinical records as needed for quality assurance and clinical supervisors
- Orders medical supplies
- Assists clinical supervisor(s) and QA staff as needed
Requirements & Qualifications
Associates degree preferred. Strong communication and interaction skills. Must be highly organized. Minimum 2 years administration in the health care field preferably home care.
- Exerts up to 30 pounds of force occasionally, and or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and all other sedentary criteria are met.
- Must have visual ability to prepare and analyze data and figures; transcribe; operate a motor vehicle; read extensively; operate machines, tools and utilized devices